Depression is a complex mental condition that produces feelings of sadness, emptiness and hopelessness, reduces an individual’s concentration and working ability, makes an individual physically and emotionally alone and even leads to suicidal thoughts. This mental issue can also cause hair loss or increase hair shedding, damaging an individual’s personality, aesthetics and appearance. This blog will explain whether we can reverse hair loss caused by depression.
The society we live in has become a fighting arena where we all are constantly moving ahead and running after material goods. This sort of life and the use of social media, which is also called a dube world, causes depression. Given that, this problem has prevailed everywhere, and even most of us would have experienced depression in life.
How Does Depression Cause Hair Loss?
- This condition leads to the release of stress hormones like cortisol. Stress hormones can disrupt normal hair growth, pushing hair into the collagen phase or speeding up hair shedding.
- A depressed person does not take care of his diet and eventually faces nutritional deficiencies. The deficiency of required nutrients may also lead to excess hair shedding
- This condition may also lead to hormonal changes and disrupt normal hair growth, contributing to hair shedding or hair loss
- It may also dismantle the sleeping patterns of an individual, and disturbance in the sleeping patterns also negatively affects hair growth
Can Hair Loss Caused By Depression Be Reversed?
The phase of depression does not last forever. We have to overcome it. It finishes, and so are its effects. We all strive to eliminate this mental condition. Hair loss caused by this condition is called telogen effluvium, which is reversible. If you have lost your hair because of depression or stress, you can restore lost hair or eliminate the dormant phase. Hair loss treatments in Islamabad can restore the lost shine of hair, redefine your personality aesthetics and enable you to have your favourite hairstyle.
What Should I Do To Address Hair Loss Caused Depression?
- First of all, it is essential to manage depression. You can take therapies and follow standards and procedures to address this problem
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and do what makes you happy, such as meeting with friends, travelling and book reading
- A balanced diet is pivotal for the proper functioning of the body. Do care for your diet and take a diet consisting of minerals
- Gentle hair care is also required to stop further hair shedding and stop hair loss
Hair Treatments In Islamabad:
You should discuss your issue with an expert and get professional advice to restore your lost hair. Several procedures are there to address this problem and redefine the aesthetics of your appearance
This procedure involves the use of the patient’s blood to stimulate hair growth. Platelet-rich plasma and growth factors are injected into the bald areas of the scalp for hair restoration. Multiple sessions are performed to obtain desired results and restore normal hair growth.
Hair transplant in Islamabad is a surgical method in which hair follicles are extracted from donor sites and transplanted back into the recipient sites of the scalp. Transplanted hair complete their normal growth cycle, improving hair density.
The Bottom Line:
Depression is a mental condition that can dismantle an individual’s personality and even lead to hair loss. Hair loss caused by depression can be reversed. In the first place, you should strive to get rid of this mental condition and improve your lifestyle and dietary habits. A return to normal life can finish dormancy and restore hair growth. Furthermore, you can also consider hair restoration procedures such as hair transplant and PRP treatment.
Schedule your appointment at Royal Hair Transplant Islamabad to deal with your hair loss issues. We offer custom-made treatments and deal with all sorts of cosmetic problems. Visit our clinic and let us deal with your concerns and redefine your youthful appearance!
Is depression bad for hair?
This mental condition dismantles hair growth, pushes hair to the resting phase or causes excess hair shedding. You must address this condition before considering hair loss treatments to get optimal results.
Does hair grow back after depression?
Emotional distress can lead to hair shedding. But you can reverse this pattern by dealing with mental conditions and improving your lifestyle. Furthermore, you can also consider hair restoration procedures such as PRP and hair transplant.
How can I stop depression-based hair loss?
Adopt a normal lifestyle
Eat healthy food
Massage your scalp
Consider Topical Treatments